MFHA’s corporate members share the importance of Cultural Intelligence in their own organizations — what it means and how it has worked.
Showcase your brand to multicultural talent with Showcase of the Stars™, MFHA’s premier career exploration event. Showcase of the Stars™ or Showcase is a live, interactive, career exploration event that educates, motivates and inspires students to pursue a rewarding career in the foodservice & hospitality industry. The primary audiences are multicultural high school and college students. Since the first event, Showcase has delivered relevant career advice to nearly twenty thousand students, through the inspiring success stories shared by guest panelists or “Stars”. These “Stars” represent MFHA’s leading corporate members.
Learning from the reactions to the court decision and protests over Ferguson and other recent Black community-related police incidents, Gerry A. Fernandez of MFHA provides advice on how to deal with the emotions in a healthy manner.
Taken at the busy and exciting 2015 NRA Show, MFHA President & Founder Gerry A. Fernandez takes a moment to invite you to the upcoming “Cultural Intelligence Workshop” at Chick-fil-A in Atlanta, June 26, 2015.
Summary of testimonials from attendees of the 2014 MFHA Operators’ Conference held at Bob Evans Headquarters in New Albany, OH, regarding their Cultural Intelligence light bulb moment or moments as a result of the Sessions.
What can we learn from the Silicon Valley Diversity news? Trust MFHA’s Gerry A. Fernandez to share the relevance to the foodservice & hospitality industry by enumerating 3 points we can consider in developing a solid multicultural initiative. This is “Your Multicultural Minute” episode 4.
Pre-2014 Conference Multicultural Minute episode “3 Tips to Operating Profitably in a Multicultural Environment” with Franchise Times and Bob Evans
Pre-2014 Conference Multicultural Minute episode “3 Tips to Recruiting Multicultural Talent” with Franchise Times and Bob Evans
Two of two pre-2014 Cultural Intelligence Conference episode of “Your Multicultural Minute with Gerry Fernandez – Increasing Cultural Intelligence by the Minute”, MFHA President and spokesperson and industry expert. A minute (or so) of multicultural insights, tips, and commentaries to help you become better at managing and enriching relationships with co-workers, business colleagues, partners, and the community at large in a multicultural setting.
First episode of “Your Multicultural Minute with Gerry Fernandez – Increasing Cultural Intelligence by the Minute”, MFHA President and spokesperson and industry expert. A minute (or so) of multicultural insights, tips, and commentaries to help you become better at managing and enriching relationships with co-workers, business colleagues, partners, and the community at large in a multicultural setting.
Webinar Learning Objectives:
- Distinguish the key differences between formal and informal communication styles.
- Learn that culture plays a role in effective communication.
- Use best practices for written/verbal communication and avoid typical mistakes.
- Identify non-verbal and verbal cues when communicating.
- Utilize different methods and resources to boost your writing style in the work environment.
Your Professional You – Webinar Overview
Your Professional YOU – SELLING YOURSELF
- We will review what is a “Problem-Free” YOU, your body of work, experiences, skills and abilities
Stand OUT from the Competition – PREPARING YOURSELF
- We will learn about behavioral etiquette, language, attire and image on the phone, online, video, email
The Interviewer’s Perception – PRESENTING YOURSELF
- We will cover the interview, roles of the interviewer and the interviewee, perceptions, post interview
- Methods For Doing Your Research
- How To Network To Make Connections
- Own Your Professional Development
- Being Aware Of Your Brand
- Implement and Maintain Your Brand Plan